Featured Post

April 19, 2017

Book Review: A Week in Winter

A Week in Winter, by Maeve Binchy

This continues the trend of my reading books by women writers I am unfamiliar with. Binchy is an Irish born writer I was aware of, but always thought she was a romance writer.

Was I ever wrong. And for this book, I say, Well done.



It's a novel that weaves gracefully written tales of the lives of a dozen ordinary, decent people, whose come together at the opening of a bed and breakfast on the west coast of Ireland. It contains vivid descriptions of the people and the land, which is perhaps my favorite part of Ireland.

I am thinking perhaps that is why I enjoyed the book so much -- that it reached a longing in my soul to be part of the wind-swept coast, with the sea and the wind beside you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment