Featured Post

April 4, 2017

This one is not my fault

Seriously, I blame this on a co-worker of mine, whom I will call Tina. I call her that because it's her name.

She knows about my tendency to read and buy too many books. She knows about my enjoyment of all things Irish. So, she asked, had I heard about or read anything by Maeve Binchy? Yes, I said, I have heard of her. But no, I had not read any of her works.

The next day, Tina brings in a stack of books: two works by Binchy, and another book about an Irish rebel by the name of John Devoy. (Ireland has a lot of rebels. This one I have not heard about. He came to America to fight for Ireland's freedom. I am interested in learning more.)

                                                           Adding more to the stack

This means I have three more books in my stack -- at a time I am seriously working to shrink it, rather than expand it. On the plus side, two of the books are written by a woman, at a time another goal of mine is to read more women authors -- especially ones I have not read before.

So my two goals are now in conflict -- subtract from the stack, but add more women writers. I guess I'll just have to read faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment