Featured Post

May 3, 2017

Running to read

One of my local bookstores is making me quite happy.

Yippee to Joseph-Beth and its Cincinnati-area locations.



The store is teaming up with my local marathon, The Flying Pig -- generally considered one of the tops in the country -- to award running readers with a 25 percent off coupon.

The Pig is this Sunday, May 7, and, yes, I plan to arise in the wee hours of the morning and proceed to run the half-marathon, which for the uninitiated, is 13.1 miles. Now, I'll have something to do the rest of Sunday afternoon in between naps and eating.

Runners like to read. Think about it: The same commitment that one needs to train for and run a marathon -- long periods of time dedicated to focusing on one thing -- is similar to reading a novel or a science book. So, after the races this weekend, we can head on out to the bookstore, take advantage of a bargain, and spend our recovery periods curled up on the couch with book.

Is this like the best ever tie-in between reading and running? Now, if a tea store will join in the celebration, I'll be in racing heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment